Sunday’s schedule included:
- 73 Educational sessions
- 34 Meetings
- 13 Networking events
Here are some of the highlights:
The IACP 2013 Expo Hall opened today with 740 exhibitors. IACP President Craig T. Steckler along with Charles Ramsey, Philadelphia Police Commissioner; Ed Zoiss, Harris Corporation Vice President and General Manager of Security and Defense Technologies; and Jackie Wasni, Motorola Vice President for North American Markets, performed the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony. The Philadelphia Mummers livened up the festivities with a great performance.
The Competition Zone kicked off with individuals and teams showing their skills in suspect ID, Taser use, marksmanship, and law enforcement knowledge.
- Many IACP committees and sections help their annual meetings to discuss new and ongoing projects and hear presentations from federal agency representatives, IACP staff, and other partners.
- The first IACP 2013 Plenary Session brought law enforcement leaders together to discuss responding to an active shooter.
The Philadelphia Highway Patrol Drill Team amazed attendees with stunning motorcycle routines and stunts.
Outlook for Monday, October 21:
- The Fist General Assembly will begin at 10:00 AM in the Terrace Ballroom.
- Incoming IACP President Chief Yousry Zakhary will join the Meet the IACP Speaker Series in the IACP Expo Hall Booth #2425 at 2:00 PM.
There will be two plenary sessions: Officer Involved Shootings: Investigative Procedures at 1:00PM and Cyber Attacks: Not Just a Government Problem at 3:30 PM. Both sessions will be in Room 114.
- Expo Hall open: 10:00AM to 5:00PM
- The Free Day Parking Lots open: 6:00AM to 6:00PM
- Host Chief’s Night will showcase the tastes and sounds of Philadelphia starting at 7:00 PM.