Monday’s schedule included:
- 51 Educational sessions
- 33 Meetings
- 3 Networking events
Here are some of the highlights:
- At the First General Assembly, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder expressed DOJ’s commitment to IACP’s Center for Officer Safety & Wellness and prevention of officer suicide efforts. FBI Director James Comey spoke on the importance of law enforcement partnerships.
The Officer-Involved Shootings Plenary shared powerful first-hand stories and practical investigative tips.
- At Cyber Attacks: Not Just a Big Government Problem, Former DHS Secretary Michael Chertoff, Utah Dept. of Public Safety Commissioner Keith Squires, FBI Cyber Division Assistant Director Joseph Demarest Jr, and IACP Executive Director Bart Johnson discussed public/private partnerships to prevent and respond to cyber attacks.
- IACP members voted on the 12 proposed constitutional amendments and the fourth vice president position.
Outlook for Tuesday, October 22:
- The Second General Assembly will begin at 10:00 AM in the Terrace Ballroom.
- The Poster Sessions on a range of topics will be available from 11:30AM to 1:30PM in the Expo Hall Foyer.
- The final plenary session, Pushing the Boundaries of Office Safety and Wellness will be held from 1:00 to 3:00 in Room 114.
- The IACP Annual Banquet will take place in the Terrace Ballroom at 6:00PM.
Expo Hall open: 10:00AM to 2:00PM
- The Free Day Parking Lot open: 6:00AM to 6:00PM