The annual IACP conference is a working conference. Between first-class education workshops, myriad networking opportunities, and an exhibit hall filled with companies on the cutting edge of policing products and services, it is clear that law enforcement professionals come to the conference for professional development.
But would anyone really object if we had the conference in, say, a sought-after location with abundant sunshine, a sparkling ocean, and world-class tourist attractions?
We didn’t think so.
San Diego, California, has always been a popular spot for the annual IACP conference. As we prepare for IACP 2012, September 29-October 3, in San Diego, it’s important to note that there’s plenty for you to do during nonworking hours at the conference.
- the airport is downtown,
- the city is extremely walkable,
- there are a wide variety of hotels with a range of rates (IACP housing reservations open May 9!),
- there’s excellent dining for all tastes,
- the convention center is centrally located,
- Petco Park (go Padres!), Seaport Village, and the Gaslamp Quarter are all right there,
- and the weather is fantastic.
We are already counting down to the conference! See you in a short 240 days.