Human resources are at the core of quality police work. Recruitment of new officer talent to the profession is key administrative responsibility of every law enforcement agency. The challenge of attracting qualified, service-oriented applicants from diverse backgrounds is an ongoing concern for many chiefs.
To address these concerns, the IACP and the U.S. Department of Justice’s Office of Community Oriented Policing Service (COPS) partnered to launch a new look and new features on the DiscoverPolicing.org website. DiscoverPolicing.org is the official career center of the IACP and a nationwide police recruitment and career exploration resource.
New features include:
- Information about community policing, its components, and the skills and abilities required for careers in the field
- Community policing success stories and videos from agencies around the country
- Dedicated pages for employers and educators featuring sample police career exploration resources, including presentations, classroom activities, links, and more
- A mentoring center through which current and future law enforcement professionals can connect and network online.
These new features, along with the robust Discover Policing career center, inform jobseekers about career opportunities in law enforcement and help them quickly find and connect with departments that fit their interests and qualifications.
DiscoverPolicing.org continues to be a great resource for agencies in promoting their departments, their hiring efforts, and the broader profession of policing. Our powerful online tools enable you to:
- Advertise vacancies (sworn and civilian) nationwide
- Customize postings with images and descriptive text
- Search our nationwide resume database
- Highlight your officers in our Real People Real Stories section
- Celebrate your community policing success stories
Visit www.DiscoverPolicing.org today to check out our new look and our new and existing features!