Planning is well underway for the 19th Annual Training Conference on Drugs, Alcohol and Impaired Driving, co-hosted by the Oklahoma Drug Evaluation and Classification Program in Oklahoma City, August 5-7, 2013. Online registration is available at www.theiacp.org/dreconference. The early bird rate ($215) is available through May 22. IACP Drug Recognition Experts (DRE) Section members receive an even deeper discount of $150.
Since 1995, this annual training conference has addressed up-to-date information on drug trends, legal issues, and innovative technology. The training is not just for drug recognition experts—although many DREs use this opportunity to fulfill the requirements for recertification. The general sessions, daily workshop, exhibits, and opportunities for sharing information with other agencies will be beneficial also to Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE) and Standard Field Sobriety Test (SFST) training coordinators and instructors. The Sheraton Hotel is offering a group rate of $89 plus tax, but book soon, because the room block is filling up quickly!
The conference agenda will address a variety of topics:
• Prosecuting DRE Cases with Better Reports
• Improved Teaching Techniques
• Prescription Drug Abuse
• One Pot Meth Labs
• Interdiction – Transportation Methods and Hidden Compartments
• NHTSA/IACP Impaired Driving Program Updates
• Mechanics of Addiction
• Understanding Interlock Devices and How they can benefit DUI Investigations
• Excited Delirium
• DRE School Course Manager Training
• Southwest Border Operations
• Instructor Techniques – Ideas to Enhance Teaching Effectiveness
• What to Do with a Negative Toxicology Result