This year we’re doing something NEW at IACP 2013… We’re having a conference within a conference! On Saturday, October 19, the first day of IACP 2013, the National Institute of Justice (NIJ) is offering six sessions back-to-back on crucial topics in today’s society. “NIJ’s Saturday Session: What Works and What Matters in Policing” will provide crucial information and ready-to-implement policies and practices. Here are the different topics that NIJ’s Saturday Session will cover:
- Domestic Radicalization: Trends, Ideology and Preventing Extremism in the Wake of the Boston Bombings
- Keeping Our Communities Safe: Increasing Firearm Safety through Research and Technology Development
- Reducing Traffic-Related Officer Injuries and Death
- Solving Missing and Unidentified Persons Cases and Forensic Technologies
- Systematic Approaches to Preventing Wrongful Convictions: The Way Forward
- Technology: Tools for Working Smarter, Safer and Cheaper
NIJ’s Saturday Session will begin at 9:00 AM on Saturday and run until 3:00 PM. Be sure to attend the entirety of IACP 2013, however – it runs until October 23! If you have questions, check out our conference webpage, www.theiacpconference.org, for more information on our annual conference. This is one special event within an event you will not want to miss!