How well do you know IACP’s numerous programs and research initiatives? Well, in this week’s IACP 2014 Education blog series, we’re highlighting the workshops in this year’s IACP Programs and Research Track. Look for this icon on the website and app to indicate workshops from this track.
Here are this year’s workshops:
- Alzheimer’s Disease in the Community: Officer Safety and Liability Implications
- Buying in Before a Blast: Local Agencies Countering Violent Extremism
- Executive Leadership and Liability: Lessons Learned
- IACP’s Women’s Leadership Institute: Developing Your Future Female Leaders
- Innovations from Midsize Agencies: Benchmarking Police Performance, Fiscal Accountability for Officers and Leadership Development through Inter-Agency Exchange
- Inspiring Change: Interrupting the Cycle of Violence By Responding to Children Exposed to Violence
- Leadership in Police Organizations (LPO): A Necessary Investment in Leadership Development and Organizational Change
- On the Front Lines of Child Sex Trafficking
- Recruiting a New Brand of Officer in a New Era of Policing
- Risky Business: Risk Assessment Is Proven to Increase Officer and Public Safety… What Chiefs Need to Know and Do
- Safeguarding Children of Arrested Parents
- Special Weapons and Tactics Teams: Perceptions versus Reality
- Tactics for Developing a Culture of Safety Through Leadership
- The Drive to Reduce Highway Deaths: Reducing Highway Fatalities by 15 Percent
- You Have Options Program: Providing Victims of Sexual Assault with Options for Reporting to Law Enforcement with Information to Hold Sexual Offenders Accountable
While we’re on the topic of the IACP, head on over to our official website, www.theiacp.org, to view our numerous publications, model policies and much more!
Remember, IACP 2014 is being held from October 25-28 in the Orange County Convention Center – West Building in Orlando, Florida. Questions? Check out the official conference website at www.theiacpconference.org.