Are you a new chief looking for guidance or an experienced chief with wisdom to share?
Being a police chief comes with unique responsibilities and challenges, and having an experienced mentor who has been through these same challenges can make a big difference in a new police chief’s transition. The IACP New Police Chief Mentoring Project is a cost-free professional development opportunity that connects experienced and newer chiefs for formal short-term or problem-oriented mentoring.
Benefits for New Chiefs:
- Expands professional expertise and camaraderie
- Increases their likelihood for success
- Helps avoid pitfalls and provides learning through real-life examples
- Builds confidence through achievements
- Provides counsel, support, and encouragement to excel
Benefits for Mentors:
- Provides a personally rewarding experience of helping develop new talent
- Offers great satisfaction in seeing a new chief succeed
- Generates creativity by obtaining varying perspectives from the new chiefs
- Improves skills and techniques learned through the experience and training
- Is valued by organizations and respected by colleagues
Ready to sign up?