After a busy few days at the Convention Center, things have started to wrap up but today was still full of events.
Tuesday’s schedule included:
49 Educational Sessions
1 Networking Event
Here are some of the highlights:
- At the Second General Assembly, the IACP life members, retired chiefs, and associate members were recognized for their service. President Zakhary delivered remarks on his past year as president and President Beary gave brief remarks on his initiatives for the coming year, which include cybercrime, tactical trauma care and the PSOB program. The assembly also heard from:
- Gil Kerlikowske, Commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- John Edward, Chief of Police of the Oak Creek Police Department, WI
- Michelle Leonhart, Administrator, Drug Enforcement Administration
- Another successful year in the Expo Hall was concluded today at 2 PM.
- The 3rd Plenary Session- Preparing for and Responding to Active Shooter and Other Complex Attacks held a discussion about lessons learned when encountering an active shooter situation, including how to handle casualty care, managing victims and witnesses, and crime scene management.
- Annual Banquet: President Beary and the Board of Officers were sworn in. Good luck to President Beary on his initiatives and the year ahead.
Thank you to everyone who sponsored, participated, or attended this year’s conference. We can’t wait to see you all next year in Chicago!