Those who have attended the IACP Annual Conference and Exposition in past years, will notice that there is no longer a Chief Executive Track. This track has been replaced with the Leadership Track. The Leadership Track is the primary and largest educational track and provides education on the topics that are important to the leaders of today and the leaders of tomorrow.
The Leadership Track focuses on the key issues that are affecting law enforcement leaders around the globe. Topic areas include enhancing leadership skills, technology innovations and risks, privacy and civil rights, and violent extremism. These issues not only affect law enforcement chief executives but leaders at other levels of the organization as well. Attendees will leave these sessions with new knowledge, tangible resources, and practical solutions that will allow them to return to the agencies better equipped to serve in the new era of policing.
Here are just a few sessions featured in the Leadership Track:
• 21st Century Policing: How to Use Technology While Protecting the Public’s Privacy and Civil Rights
• Bridging the Gap: Strengthening Trust through Communication
• Chief Leadership Lessons: What we Must Learn, Unlearn, and Relearn
• Creating a High Reliability Organization
• Doxxing: The Latest Threat Targeting Police and Their Families
• How Community Behavioral-Health Crisis Services and CIT Can Transform Community Policing
• Identifying Those Most Likely to Shoot or Be Shot
• No Such Thing As An Accident: Improving Officer Safety Through Real Analysis
• Radicalization to Violent Extremism
• Reframing the Issue of Biased Policing Based on the Science of Implicit Bias
• The Rialto Police Department’s Body Worn Video Project
• Understanding Domestic/International Terrorism and Assessing New Threats Against Local Law Enforcement
• Using Social Media to Strengthen Community Relations
For more information about the Leadership Track and the other educational and networking opportunities available at IACP 2015, visit the official conference website.