Do you have an outstanding and dedicated leader within your agency? If so, take the time to recognize them and their accomplishments by nominating them for IACP’s 40 under 40 award.
The IACP’s 40 Under 40 Award is designed to acknowledge the accomplishments of 40 law enforcement professionals, under the age of 40, that demonstrate leadership qualities and are deeply dedicated to their profession. Now in its second year, this prestigious award is an excellent way to recognize the leaders of today and the leaders of tomorrow.
Nominees can be from any agency around the global (federal, state, local, or tribal) and serve in any law enforcement position, sworn or non-sworn. They must be under the age of 40 as of September 1, 2017.
A panel of law enforcement leaders will select the winners based on the following criteria:
- Complies with age and employment requirements
- Demonstrates a commitment to law enforcement and exemplifies the values of the profession
- Capacity for leadership
In addition to the award winners will also receive:
- A profile in Police Chief magazine
- A complimentary IACP membership for one-year
- Free registration for the 2017 IACP Annual Conference and Exposition in Philadelphia, PA
- An invitation to the 40 Under 40 Luncheon at the 2017 IACP Annual Conference and Exposition in Philadelphia, PA
- Transportation expenses to the 2017 IACP Annual Conference and Exposition (up to $500)
Nominations must include the application form, a resume or CV, and a high-resolution photo of the individual. Applications can be accompanied by up to two (optional) letters of recommendation.
The deadline to submit an application is March 1, 2017. There is still time to nominate someone in your agency that you think deserves to be recognized. The winners will be announced in September 2017.