The 2017 IACP Annual Training Conference on Drugs, Alcohol, and Impaired Driving is right around the corner. This year’s event will take place August 12-14, 2017, in National Harbor, Maryland. Thinking of attending? Here are ten reasons why this is a must-attend event.
- Premier training. Whether you’re a drug recognition expert, highway safety advocate, law enforcement officer, prosecutor, toxicologist, or a private or non-profit program provider, the conference will provide you with exceptional training.
- Hot topics. With drugged driving quickly becoming a major highway safety and public health issue, the conference will focus on many of the impaired driving “hot topics” including the impact of various drugs on safe driving.
- Knowledgeable speakers. General sessions and workshops feature knowledgeable subject-matter expert presenters skilled in the areas of drugged driving, drug toxicology, and in the prosecution of challenging impaired driving cases.
- Networking opportunities. Opportunities through conference workshops and other activities will be available for formal and informal networking with others in the field.
- State-of-the-art technology. Numerous companies, organizations, and government agencies will exhibit the latest impaired driving products, programs, and publications.
- Professional development. Learning about new and proven strategies that will help improve your productivity and allow you to share important impaired driving information with others.
- Return on investment. You can expect to return from the conference with new ideas, best practices, and resources you can use right away.
- DRE Recertification. If you’re a drug recognition expert, the conference will fulfill your required eight hours of recertification training, and provide you with updated and relevant information that will benefit your agency, fellow DREs, and your community.
- Making roadways safer. One of the primary goals of this conference is reducing roadway injuries and deaths involving impairing substances. You will be able to take your knowledge from this conference to the next level and help make a difference.
- National forum. With over 1,000 attendees at last year’s conference Denver, CO; the conference continues to grow and evolve and has become a national forum for drug recognition experts and others with a professional interest on a broad array of new and emerging issues.
To learn more about the IACP Annual Conference on Drugs, Alcohol and Impaired Driving, and to register for the conference, visit the conference webpage.