The IACP Annual Conference and Exposition (IACP 2018) has always been known as the world’s leading gathering of police leaders, but it is much more than that. It is also a place where officers of all ranks can enhance their professional presence, make connections, and bring best practices back to their agency.
The addition of The Hub—the conference’s one-stop-shop for professional development, learning, and networking opportunities—in 2017 made it possible for participants to experience these elements in a central location. The Hub is back again this year, bringing the following opportunities to IACP 2018 attendees at no additional cost.
- Professional Development. Participate in media training to better prepare for press conferences, receive interview pointers or feedback on your resume to help you land that next job. Advanced sign up is required.
- Education. Hear about the work of IACP projects and programs, gain tips on crisis management communication, or learn about other important subjects such as Officer Safety and Wellness or Community-Police Relations in the Hot Topics Theater.
- Professional Photographs. Update your professional photograph for use on social media or for official speaking engagements.
- Download Stations. Bring a USB drive and save IACP resources to refer to or share with colleagues back home.
- IACP Net. Through on-site demonstrations, explore this professional service of the IACP that helps law enforcement leaders make informed, data-driven decisions through intuitive online resources, tools, and e-libraries.
- Collaborative Reform Initiative Technical Assistance Center (CRI-TAC). Request customized technical assistance solutions designed to meet the distinctive needs of your agency.
- IACP 125th Anniversary. Take some time to explore the rich history of IACP through an interactive station featuring photos, facts, and audio from past conferences.
- Photo Opportunities. Capture the memories of the conference with photo opportunities around The Hub, such as this year’s commemorative photobooth which will be stocked with fun historical props.
Be on the lookout in September for an email to all conference registrants to sign-up for professional development opportunities. To learn more about IACP 2018 or to register, visit www.theiacpconference.org.